My uncle Carl is an amazing cook! He lives by himself and enjoys cooking for everyone. He gave me this recipe about 10 years ago and it is my all time favorite, go-to comfort food. And he happens to be, my all time favorite Uncle!
By the Way, my Uncle Carl is king in his kitchen, you don't ever stir his beans, season his dishes nor wash his dishes (no challenge here)!
My Uncle Carl's Potato Soup
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 plus cups of peeled, cubed potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Worcestershire sauce
- fresh chives
- Grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook bacon in a dutch oven until done
2. Remove bacon and chop saving the bacon grease in the dutch oven
3. Saute celery and onion in the bacon grease until tender
4. Add potatoes, water, bay leaves and boil until potatoes are tender and water is almost gone.
5. Remove bay leaves and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste
6. Using an immersible blender, puree until smooth
7. Milk can be added as needed at this point
8. Serve with the chopped bacon, grated cheddar cheese and fresh chives sprinkled on top.
Powered by Recipage
Linking to These Amazing Parties!