As with just about all my favorite dishes, this quiche has slowly changed over the years. I found an awesome recipe for perfect quiche and then as years went by, I made it my own.
This quiche has a basic foolproof body and all the extra can be changed and individualized. Kinda dress it up or dress it down:)
Have it for breakfast, lunch and we have even had it for dinner:) Oh yeah, it's perfect for bunch.
So its anytime quiche!
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, bite size pieces
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove and let cool on wire rack.
3. While crusts are cooking, fry bacon until crisp and chop into about 1/2 inch pieces.
4. Melt butter in large skillet and add mushrooms, raise temperature to med high heat to brown mushrooms. Because of the juice emitted from mushrooms during cooking, mushrooms have a tendency to just boil and become rubbery and tough. Temperature has to be high to brown them, just add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to help bring the butter up to higher temperature without burning.
5. Add broccoli at about the same time and saute or stir fry until done.
6. Divide your vegetable mixture between the two pie crusts, laying the veggies on the bottom of each pie shell, then add the bacon pieces to each pie.
7. Top with the cheeses
8. Beat eggs in a medium bowl, add half and half, basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Pour the egg mixture into each pie, equally. This is easier if the pies are placed on the oven rack prior to pouring and then just slide the rack with the pies into the oven.
10. Make a "tent" with enough aluminum foil to cover both pies and bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F then turn the oven to 325 degrees F and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
11. Remove foil and cook 1-2 minutes until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Let cool on wire rack prior to serving.
Powered by Recipage
You might Also Enjoy These:
Linking up to these awesome parties!