This gorgeous dish is really not that hard to prepare, it's so worth the effort not only because it's so beautiful but it is out of this world delicious!!
- 2-skinless, boneless Chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
1. Place each chicken breast between two pieces of clear wrap.
2. Pound each breast to about 1/4 inch thick.
3. After the breasts are about 1/4 inch thick, peel back the top piece of clear wrap and spread about 1 tablespoon of pesto on the chicken breast.
4. Lay one slice of cheese over the pesto, add two slices of ham and cover with another slice of cheese.
5. Using the bottom piece of clear wrap, roll up the chicken breast up tight tucking in the ends very securely to keep the cheese from pouring out when cooking. Wrap up and place in fridge for an hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Set out three plates or pie tins.
8. Season flour with salt and pepper and place in first plate (or pie tin)
9. Beat egg and pour into second plate or pie tin.
10. Combine panko crumbs with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper and place in third plate or pie tin, add melted butter to panko mixture and stir to combine.
11. Remove chicken from the fridge and unwrap.
12. Carefully dredge the chicken cordon bleu in flour mixture, then roll in beaten egg and finally roll in the panko mixture until well coated.
13. Place on greased baking sheet.
14. Bake for in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and browned.
15. Cut each Chicken Breast into pinwheels prior to serving
Powered by Recipage