We are trying to behave and eat healthier:)
So I am always looking for ways to enjoy some of our favorite meals but in a healthier version.
My Fellow was craving Fried Chicken so before he could drag (
just mention an invite) me to a super duper Fried Chicken Establishment, I decided to try to oven fry a couple of chicken breasts.
And this is what I came up with, which if I say so myself, I do believe it worked:)
So maybe my thighs (not the chickens but mine) are safe for another day.
Oven Fried Chicken
- 2 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup nonfat buttermilk, use more if needed to just cover chicken breasts)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional (may use more if needed)
- 1/2 Cup flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Pour buttermilk into a medium size bowl and add hot sauce. Place chicken breasts in bowl and add more milk if needed to completely submerge the chicken. Cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hour but not more than 8 hours
2. Mix flour, paprika, poultry season, baking powder and salt and pepper in large ziplock type plastic bag
3. Heat oven to 420 degrees F.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the baking sheet and spray with the cooking spray
5. Remove the chicken from the milk, shaking off excess. Place chicken in the flour mixture and seal the plastic bag. Shake until the chicken is well coated.
6. Carefully remove chicken from plastic baggie and place on wire rack. Spray the chicken breasts with the cooking spray. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until golden brown and no longer pink until center reaches 160 degrees F
Powered by Recipage
Great suggestions for sides:
And Try these Low Calorie Recipes: