I was excited to learn one of my dearest bloggy friends nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Thank you so very much
You just have to check out her Blog
This is the second time I have been nominated but this little game is different. Apparently the questions change with each passing of the award.
Jamie says the word Liebster is German. It means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. (I love knowing this)
I am supposed to write 11 random things about me and answer 11 questions from Jamie then pass the award on with 11 different questions to 11 more blogs.
11 Random Things about me
1. When my daughters were 11 and 13 we were very surprised to learn I was pregnant with my son.
2. My father called me "Big Deal" :)
3. People think I am stronger than I think I am.
4. I love talking to old men (my hubby is glad because he says he is getting there, lol)
5. I would rather shop by myself than with friends (sorry buddies)
6. My hubby and I met when we were 16 and 17, I was waiting tables and he was a cowboy for a local rancher. He says (and I believe him) he immediately fell in love. Hey, this could have been a country song:)
7. I always sleep on the side of the bed away from the door
8. I sing in the car by myself (it's kinda scary but I like it) sometimes I do the arm dance
9. I crack corny jokes when I get nervous
10. I love the old muscle cars (my hubby has a 1967 mustang fastback and it makes my heart throb)
11. I received a Meritorious Award from my Sheriff for tackling a subject who had just stabbed a local attorney seven times and was going for the eight in the middle of the courthouse. (I know scary, I didn't think I just took him down, then got scared after the fact, lol.)
Here's the fun questions with my answers:
1. Who inspires you the most? This question is easy but the answer sounds so cheezy but I can't lie, My sweet Fellow always inspires me not only by his support but by his daily actions to me and to others
2. If you could have dinner with any famous person, past or present, who would you have dinner with? Laura Bush
3. How do you order your steak? Medium:)
4. What is one food item you *always* have on hand? Cheese and Crackers
5. Do you have a lot of kitchen "gadgets"? Yes, I have loads and loads and loads of them.
What is your favorite? I have two favorites, one is the garlic peeler that is mentioned here and my avocado slicer
6. What one dish (if any), are you intimidated to make? Souffle (I know another cheezy answer)
7. Butter - salted or unsalted? unsalted (it's the control freak in me, I do the salting)
8. What is your favorite kitchen tip or time-saver? Place your cutting board next to the stove so you can move food straight from the board to skillet or pot
9. Do you call it soda, pop, coke or something else? coke but I have lived in so many different places that I can change in the blink of an eye
10. Do you have a "regional dish" where you live? What is it? (ex. Carolina BBQ, Boston Baked-Beans, Maryland Crab Cakes) Everyone who reads my blog can answer this, it's Mexican Food of all kinds, anything with chiles
11. What do you consider your signature dish? Or, what are you expected to bring to family gatherings, potlucks, church fellowships, etc.?
I am now nominating the following blogs in random order:
2. Mama Winkle
5. Ms. enPlace
10. A Little Nosh
11 Questions for them:)
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. What is your favorite knock about the house outfit?
3. If you could do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite post?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would you be?
6. If you could only take one thing to a deserted island what would it be? (other than your hubby:) (not a boat either, LOL)
7. What is your favorite cooking show?
8. How many states have you been in?
9. What is your favorite or most attractive trait?
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
11. What is your favorite ice cream?
Thanks Jamie, this was fun:)
Note my email address has changed, please go to my contact page Here for the new email:) Thanks