On weekends, holidays or when we have guests over its always fun to have a special breakfast planned. This is a dish that can be assembled the night before and baked the next morning. Grande Marnier makes it extra special!!
Creme Brulee French Toast
- 3/4 cup Butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons of Grand Marnier
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Mix in brown sugar and maple syrup stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and pour into a 9 X 13 baking dish.
2. Slice bread into thick slices about 1 1/2 inches thick. Lay the bread into the baking dish over the butter and sugar mixture squeezing them in tightly.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the half and half. Add the vanilla and brandy and salt. Carefully pour over the bread slices.
4. Cover and place in fridge overnight (at least 8 hours). The bread will soak up the egg mixture.
5. Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
7. Serve with a little powdered sugar sprinkled on top and little maple syrup drizzled on top.
Powered by Recipage
Linking up to these Amazing Parties!