If you are always looking for a great macaroni salad recipe or pasta salad recipe then you have found it right here today. This macaroni confetti salad is made with elbow macaroni, roasted red peppers, black olives, dill pickles, green onions and yellow bell pepper for a smorgasbord of colors and flavors.
This is just a gorgeous salad and perfect for any day, not just summer days.
If you are watching those pesky little calories this is great since we used healthier elbow macaroni and an olive oil based mayonnaise.
- 1- 13.25 oz box of Elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup of chopped roasted red peppers (canned in water)
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 3 whole dill pickles chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil based mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt
1. Cook macaroni accordingly to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain well.
2. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, celery salt, salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, add the macaroni, roasted red peppers, black olives, bell pepper, green onions and dill pickles.
4. Pour in the mayonnaise mixture and gently stir until well combined.
5. Cover and place in fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
Powered by Recipage
Would be great served with: