I am a Texas gal and I love my BBQ with a "bite". A "bite" is used to describe the spiciness or the heat of a pepper. For instance, "That salsa has a bite!" There are several ways to add a "bite" to a great sauce but I have just discovered Franks Red Hot Sauce, not sure where it was hiding all my life, but I am loving it. This pulled pork recipe is easy peasy and has a bit of a "bite"!
Also in my part of Texas we serve our BBQ with plenty of sliced onions and pickles.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- 4-5 lb pork butt roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 oz of beef broth
- 1/3 cup Worchester sauce
- 1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons of Franks Red Hot Sauce
InstructionsFor the Meat
1. Place pork butt in the bottom of a slow cooker (crock pot), season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix broth, Worchester and Franks sauce in a small bowl, pour over meat.
3. Cook on high for 5 hours or until meat can be pulled apart using two forks.
4. Remove meat from slow cooker and shred using two forks.
5. Serve on a great bread bun with plenty of BBQ sauce. Garnish with a slice of red onion and a few pickles.For the BBQ Sauce
1. Combine all sauce ingredients and heat in a small saucepan.
Powered by Recipage
You might also enjoy: