I love summer salads that are easy to assemble and really pack a nutritious punch! And this salad is loaded with extra nutrition!!
I recently shared this salad at our family reunion and it was a hit and I'm sure it will be a hit at your house!
Southwest Corn Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can of reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (15 oz) can of whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, diced (seeded and deveined)
- 3 green onions, sliced (white and green tops)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
1. In a large bowl combine first 7 ingredients, mix gently but well.
2. In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, blend well and pour over the salad mixture.
3. Place in fridge and let marry for 30 minutes.
4. Add avocado just prior to serving.
Powered by Recipage