I love to make Manicotti in individual baking dishes! It's always special when everyone has their own little "pan" of cheesy goodness!!
It's also perfect for a very romantic dinner!
- 1 pint of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (23 oz) of spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8oz) of manicotti pasta
- 1 whole carrot (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley and salt and pepper
4. Heat spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan. *Tip- always cook it for about 30 minutes with a whole carrot to remove some of the acidity of the spaghetti sauce
5. Meanwhile spoon about 3+ tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells to fill
6. Spoon enough of the spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of each individual baking dish
7. Lay 2-3 filled manicotti shells on top of the sauce and cover with additional sauce
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered.
Powered by Recipage
Other recipes that I know you will love!
Disclaimer: My Turn for us is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com