Valentines Day is one of my most favorite holidays, a time to stop and think about Love and a time to let our loved ones know that they hold a very special place in our hearts.
I just think every day should be Valentines Day!
Anyways, my sweet little (ok, the eldest is 15) Grandbabies live far away from the Ranch and I want to make great memories for them and to let them know I love them very much!
I love to send little care packages on holidays to remind them that they have a pretty awesome "Grammie".
Yeppers, I'm Grammie and I love it!!
So I spent the day baking some little cookies that are loaded with LOVE!!
Nothing but love in these little cookies, these ingredients are just filler.
Ok, here's a a recipe for these little cookies and all you have to do is add the Love!
Valentine Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups powered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- crystal sprinkles
1. Mix powered sugar, butter, vanilla and egg until well blended
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except sugar and sprinkles
3. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees
5. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each piece out on floured pastry board
6. Cut into hearts
7. Place on baking sheets covered with parchment paper
8 Sprinkle with plenty of sugar and sprinkles
9. Bake for 7-8 minutes
10 Let cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from baking sheet and placing on wire racks