I always want to keep the old Cookie jar filled while the Grandbabies are at the Ranch. And the most popular cookie around here is the Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie!! Nothing special just plain chocolate chip!! No matter what else I make these cookies are the first to disappear so I don't try to re-invent the wheel, nope, just make these like we all love them!!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12-oz. pkg. chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy
4. Add eggs and beat well.
5. Gradually add flour mixture, beat until well combined
6. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack.