Remember when tuperware parties were all the rage and of course the old tuperware popsicle maker was in about every home? I remember my mom would let us make frozen popsicles with about every flavor or color of kool aid. We just about wore out those popsicle makers! We ran around all summer with different color lips and tongues from these fun treats.
Yep, life was simple growing up in the sixties!
Now that I am an adult, kool aid popsicles are just not enough, I do like reliving these fun memories but with an extra kick.
And since I don't think one could think of summer and not also think of watermelon or hot sunny days, these shooters bring all that together since they are the perfect treat for hot summer days.
Frozen Watermelon Mint Shooters
- 2 cups of Watermelon, cubed
- 3 oz of rum
- 3 Tablespoons of Simple Syrup, click for recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract
- 12 plastic shooter glasses
- 12 swizzle sticks
1. Place watermelon cubes in a blender and puree
2. Add rum, simple syrup, mint extract
3. Blend until smooth
4. Pour into plastic shot glasses
5. Cover each shot glass with foil
6. Insert swizzle sticks in center of shot glasses
7. Freeze until firm
Powered by Recipage