My hubby can exist on peanut butter and jelly, I mean there are few days that go by that he doesn't find a way to snack on peanut butter. He even puts peanut butter on his pancakes, I tell you he's a total peanut butter lover! So when I decided to bake a peanut butter cookie, I knew I had to find a way to add jelly! Yep his favorite sandwich in a cookie! I know, he is going to love this idea, Peanut Butter Jewel Thumbprint Cookies!
I had made some white peach jam last summer (find the recipe here) and I just knew it would look so pretty on this cookie. But I think grape jelly or strawberry jelly or jam would also rock this little cookie.
Peanut Butter Jewel Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup white peach jam (or the jam or jelly of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and peanut butter, and gradually beat in sugars.
3. Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet
5. With finger or end of wooden spoon, press an indentation in the center of each cookie
6. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven
7. Spoon a dap of jelly into each depressed center, mounding slightly.
8. Return cookies to oven and bake 3-4 minutes more or until jelly is set.
9. Remove from oven and place on racks to cool
Powered by Recipage