I think when we were was raising the children and both had demanding jobs, we had spaghetti at least once a week. It was a go-to family pleasing meal and it was easy. The only downfall was that it had to be made right before dinner when everyone was the busiest. If I had only known of Spaghetti Pie back then!
Spaghetti Pie is a great way to make the spaghetti ahead of time (the day before) and pop it in the fridge until right before dinner. It does take an hour to cook but you don't have to be in the kitchen for that hour!
Spaghetti Pie is delicious and with a side salad and maybe even crusty bread, it will rock your dinnertime.
- 12 ounces of spaghetti
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet, over medium heat until beef is not longer pink, breaking into crumbles as it cooks, drain and return to skillet
3. Pour spaghetti sauce over ground beef and heat
4. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain
5. Place cooked hot spaghetti in a large bowl, gently add beaten eggs, melted butter and parmesan cheese. Stir gently to combine
6. Pour spaghetti mixture into a greased 9 X 13 baking pan and smooth out, patting down gently
7. Sprinkle 1/2 of the grated mozzarella cheese on top of spaghetti mixture
8. Pour meat/sauce mixture on top and spread evenly
9. Cover with foil ( at this time, this dish can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours)
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (and allow the dish to come to room temperature if refrigerated)
11. Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove foil cover
12. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella cheese on top and bake for approximately 30 minutes until hot and bubbly