We don't know about you but the holidays are a rushed time of the year for us, we are caught up in a whirlwind of attending and hosting parties, having friends drop over and enjoying family dinners.
It's also the time of the year when it's so important to make moments into special memories and to make each event special, but these goals come with a price such as stress.
We do have a little solution for you today that should help relive some of that pressure and hopefully take away a great part of the stress when you might need a quick appetizer or a dish to take to a family dinner.
This gorgeous cranberry jalapeño jam can be stored in your pantry ready to be opened and served over a block of cream cheese.
It's a recipe that makes 4 jelly jars (1/2 pints) of jam and should get you through the holidays in style since each jar is enough to cover two 8oz blocks of cream cheese.
Just keep a few blocks of cream cheese in the fridge and then you will always be ready with an impressive appetizer for drinks with friends, or a great addition for a pot luck party or just watching holiday movies with the family.
If you have never made jam, no stress there either, I promise, "pinky promise".
The whole secret is grabbing a box of pectin (Sure Jell) when you are picking up your cranberries, jalapeños and limes. Then just follow a few simple steps and you will have jam in no time!
Not much chopping going on either, just the jalapeños.
Cranberries are left whole and thrown in a pot along with the chopped jalapeños and limes and boiled in apple cider vinegar and water. After a few more steps, a great appetizer will appear!
Ok, it will not magically appear but with these few additional steps, your family and guests will believe it did.
Cranberry Jalapeno Jam
- 3 cups whole cranberries (12oz bag)
- 4 Jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package pectin (such as Sure Jell)
- 2 cups sugar
1. Add cranberries, jalapeños, lime juice apple cider vinegar and water to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil
2. Continue to boil until cranberries burst
3. As the cranberries are cooking, crush with a potato masher or fork and continue to boil
4. Add pectin and bring to rolling boil
5. Add sugar and bring back to a full rolling boil, boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat
6. Ladle into prepared 1/2 pint mason jars (jars and lids that have been simmering in boiling water for at least 10 minutes)
7. Wipe jar rims and cover with two piece lids. Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely . After jars are cool, check seals to make sure they are sealed (as per instructions in pectin box)
8. To Serve, spoon contents of jars over 8oz block of cream cheese and serve with crackers.