How would you like to make the Best Texas Cinnamon Rolls as Christmas gifts for your family and friends?
But do you have too many things on your list and not enough time in the day?
Well, we are here today with a solution to get time back in your life and share with you one of the best recipes for these Texas Cinnamon Rolls!
We will show you how to have the time to bake these big ol' Texas Cinnamon Rolls right in the middle of this busy holiday season.
Are you tired of all the crowds and have you had enough of standing in line to check out at the stores?
Well, Walmart has an online shopping service that saves you time and effort by doing the shopping for you!
And it's FREE!
Also it's local so you can drive up and they will load all your purchases in your car for you. There's no waiting for items to be shipped.
So before we start on these pans of Texas Cinnamon Rolls, we need to do a little shopping for our ingredients.
Since we have Walmart Grocery-online grocery shopping with free pickup right here at our local store in Abilene Texas,
I started this shopping expedition by going online to:
After I located my Abilene, Texas Walmart store by typing in my zip code, I registered and began shopping. (only have to register once)
I selected my needed items from a choice of fresh fruits/vegetables, dairy items, baking items, kitchen gadgets and table settings and.........
I even browsed all the Christmas decorations, Christmas lights, Christmas dishes and more.
I was able to easily check out using my credit card (or you can use your debit card) and I chose a convenient appointment time to pick up my purchases.
I also downloaded the Walmart Grocery app for my iPhone and turned on the notifications.
(Android Users: download the "Walmart Grocery Check-In" App)
Now we are all set for all our future purchases at:
Just prior to arriving at the store at my scheduled time, I received a notification my purchases were ready via the App which displayed this check-in screen. With a simple click of the "Check In" button, I was able to let them know when we were on the way. (The App will not show my exact location but only how many minutes away I am)
I also received an email, no way would I miss this appointment
I was a little concerned that we wouldn't easily find the designated parking location. But upon arriving at the store, there were signs on the pavement directing us to the correct location, signs on the side of the store, and the 6 reserved parking places were well marked. Easy peasy!!
We were not the only ones utilizing this service on this cold morning and I noticed one young mom in the car next to us with two small little ones in the back seat.
I thought what a great service for her, she is able to pick up her purchases without getting those babies out in the cold weather.
In less than 5 minutes, a nice young man arrived with our groceries and loaded them in the back of our car.
I am still so impressed that everything from butter to whipping cream, to a fresh pineapple, napkins, and a pastry brush were all able to be purchased without going into the store.
We have already decided this is a service that we are planning on utilizing often in the future.
Why do I love this service? Let me count the ways:
1. It's FREE! No service charges and it's the same every day low prices found
2. Easy and Fast. Make your choices online and select your pickup time and
3. Your car is loaded with all your purchases in just minutes
4. The pickup area is well marked at my local Walmart and easy to find
5. I was able to shop at Walmart from the privacy of my home
6. I was able to purchase everything from fresh produce and dairy items to
Christmas lights to staples such as paper plates or towels
7. Walmart's team pick the freshest items-Guaranteed or your money back
8. And Walmart has extended their choices for the Holidays so you can order
all your holiday dinner items such as a turkey or ham, potatoes, table
decorations and linens or prep items such as pastry brushes, roasting pans,etc
Now for the second treat today! We saved so much time with our shopping that we have time to bake Texas Size Cinnamon Rolls for holiday gifts for our family and friends.
In fact, it took longer for my Dough to rise from this:
Then it did for us to pick up our groceries at Walmart.
When we called these Texas Cinnamon Rolls, we knew they had to be big! This is just half of the dough, it looks like we should have plenty for our family and friends.
Be sure not to place these rolls too close together since they will need plenty of room to rise.
For a different look to your Texas Cinnamon Rolls, they could also be placed on a large cookie sheet farther apart to allow for the sides to brown.
These Rolls don't even need the frosting, they are so good without it but it sure doesn't hurt them!
There is nothing like baking with love for your family and friends but it's not fun when it has to be rushed.
Now that I know our local Abilene Walmart Store (located at 1650 Tx 351) has this great grocery onlineshopping and I have time back in my hands, my family and friends will be reaping the benefits.
I am feeling like a #GroceryHero with this #TimeSaver #StayedInTheCar service. Yeppers, It's a #LifeChanger
Do you want to get time back in your hands and to become a #GroceryHero also?
Then check out Walmart Online Grocery Shopping today!
The Best Texas Cinnamon Rolls
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup of butter), at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 3//4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3- 1/4-ounce envelopes active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 5 large eggs
- 8½ to 9½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (1 1/4 cup of butter), at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
InstructionsFor the dough
1. In a small saucepan add butter, milk, 3/4 cup of the sugar, and the salt. Heat until the butter is melted, remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add warm water, sugar, and salt, stir to dissolve. Sprinkle the yeast over the water mixture, stir, and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to proof, until the mixture appears foamy.
3. In the same mixing bowl, add the lukewarm milk/butter mixture to the yeast mixture
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs then add to the mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
5. Add the flour 1 cup at a time, stirring and using enough flour to form a stiff dough. Either use a dough hook on a mixer or turn out on a floured board and knead until smooth and satiny, about 10 minutes.
6. Place the dough in a very large bowl that has been buttered, turn to butter the top, and allow to rise, covered loosely with a kitchen towel, in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.For the filling
1. In a large bowl add brown sugar, room temperature butter and cinnamon. Beat with a mixer until well combined.To assemble
1. Punch the dough down and divide in half.
2. Take one half and roll out to a large rectangle, about 24 x 12 inches.
3. Butter two 9 x 13-inch glass baking dishes or two baking sheets with a lip
4. Spread half the filling evenly over the surface of the dough.
5. Starting on a short side, roll the dough up into a log, then cut the log crosswise at 2-inch intervals
6. Place the rolls in one buttered dish spacing them at least 1 inch apart
7. Repeat steps 2-6 with the other half of the dough
8. Cover loosely with a kitchen towel and allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
9. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
10. Bake the rolls for 20 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and browned. Cool to room temperature in the pans on racks.For the frosting
1. Add cream cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla in a medium bowl beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
2. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Frost the cooled rolls
Powered by Recipage
Don't Forget to Pin: