Why bake a mini pumpkin pie you ask?
Oh, I don't know but maybe because I wanted to say I can eat an entire pie or two by myself?
Or, maybe there are only two of us and the rest of these babies can freeze very easily?
Or, maybe because the grandkids are coming over and they love anything mini especially Mini Pumpkin Pies?
Or, maybe because I find these Mini Pumpkin Pies just adorable?
I had a discussion with myself this morning about exactly what to call these little desserts. Do I call them Mini Pumpkin Pie Tarts, Mini Pumpkin Pie Tartlets, Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites or just Mini Pumpkin Pies?
And that led me to googling all of the above, viewing and reading about each definition and after three hours, I had drooled over just about every little pie out there! Then I had to take a break to eat a couple of these adorable mini pies.
The first step in making these adorable little baby pies is with the crust.
Whether you are using homemade pie crust dough or store-bought, roll out the dough to about the thickness you wish. It's your pies, no worries about how thick the dough might, should or could be. Make them the way you like them!
Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter and cut rounds out of the dough. (or do you say cookie cutter, dough cutter or....nope, not googling that one today, HA)
Carefully place each round of dough in each cup of your cupcake pan, making sure the dough comes up the sides of each cup.
As you pour in the creamy pumpkin filling, make sure to NOT fill them too high, the pumpkin pie filling will rise some and it's not good if it runs over the top of the little crusts.
They are just too cute and no special pan was needed. These mini pumpkin pies were baked right in a cupcake pan that most of us already have. I love finding new uses for items I have already purchased.
These Mini Pumpkin Pies would be delicious eating while sitting in front of a fire watching it snow outside. They would be darling for any little girls (or big girls) tea party or on any elegant dessert table. Or why don't you just bake a few for those days when we need a nice bite of comfort food.
I think the answer to questions why we make mini pumpkin pies is basic. We just need mini pumpkin pies in our life! They are a necessity, not a luxury!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2- pie crusts, unbaked
- 1-15 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1-14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg
- whipped cream topping
1. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg until blended.
2.. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl, whip in pumpkin, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Add sugar-spice mixture and mix wellFor crust
1. Roll pie dough on lightly floured surface
2. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut out rounds, rerolling and cutting until all the dough is gone.
3. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
4. Carefully place each round into muffin cups, pressing downTo finish
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Carefully spoon filling into pie cups making sure not to overfill
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes until filling is set and crust is brown
4. Let cups cool completely on wire rack before attempting to remove them from the muffin tin ( use a very thin sharp knife to run around the edges before removing)
5. Top with whip cream topping
Powered by Recipage
Please don't Forget to Pin:
Other desserts you don't need to live without: