What's better than chocolate? Double Chocolate!!
When my children were little and I was a busy working mom, I would grab one of those brownie mix boxes and "wham bam", homemade brownies.
Ok, not really but the children thought so.
I swear, I even heated up Oreos, my children were the only ones in the neighborhood that thought their mom could make homemade Oreos and they loved them hot right out of the oven. Yes, I was a "pretender".
But busy moms have to do what they have to do, to not have all that mom guilt. You know the guilt, where you just don't have everything perfect like Mrs. Cleaver. A hot homemade dinner on the table every night with fancy afternoon snacks and the house and mom always looked perfectly groomed. It didn't happen at our house and I bet it doesn't at most houses.
But if I could tell young moms anything, I would tell them to relax. The children will survive knowing you bought Oreos from the store. And it's ok if the brown towels end up in the blue bathroom and vice versa. It's ok if the laundry doesn't end up perfectly folded in each drawer every time. It's ok if you didn't scrub all the floors today.
Kids don't care and they don't remember all that.
But kids do remember brownies especially double chocolate brownies! So keep handy a favorite recipe that is almost as easy as a box mix and let them make the best memories with an ultimate snack. And don't worry about that laundry tonight, eat brownies with your kids!
And to make things even easier and really rock your kiddo's memories, use this cool Brownie Pan from Pampered Chef! Love Love Love it!
Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet chocolate chips may be substituted)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five (5) ingredients. Mix well
2. In a smaller bowl, beat eggs and blend in vegetable oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients in the larger bowl.
3. Add chocolate chips and gently mix to combine.
4. Spray a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Spread brownie mixture evenly into pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
5. Cut into squares.
Powered by Recipage
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Magic Cookie Bars
Blondies with White Chocolate, Coconut, and Pecans