This is one of the easiest and quickest salad recipes we make. This Broccoli salad recipe can be made quickly and other than frying the bacon, everything is just measured and added. We used a bag of broccoli florets and the dressing for this broccoli salad comes from a jar.
Even though this recipe is simple, we have added a bounty of ingredients for a perfect blend of flavors. From the crisp broccoli to the soft Crasins and crunchy sunflower seeds and of course, cheese, your mouth will explore with flavor.
Even though we normally make this salad in the summer, it's also a great winter dish.
*Be sure to scroll to the bottom for more salad ideas!
- 12 oz of broccoli florets , about 7 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, unsalted and hulled
- 1/2 cup of Craisins
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of coleslaw dressing
1. Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl
2. Drizzle with coleslaw dressing and mix gently