I love quiche because it is such a versatile dish! The list of ingredients that can be used in quiche is endless and one of my favorite ways to use leftovers is to make them into a quiche.
Today’s quiche is made with the thought in mind to eliminate needless calories and fats but still to enjoy all the flavors. By replacing some of the eggs with egg substitute and adding more veggies for nutrition and reducing the amount of cheese, I was able to really cut the calorie and fat count.
- 1 cup of sliced lean left over steak
- 3/4 cup of asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup of sliced purple onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute
- 1/4 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper