Easy Texas Style Chili with Beans
An easy Texas-style chili using Ranch Style beans.
- 2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 jalapeños diced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 14 oz cans ranch style beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- cheddar cheese grated
- 2 jalapenos sliced for garnish
Brown ground beef (or turkey) and chopped onions in a large skillet then add garlic and jalapeño, cook for 2 more minutes. NOTE: using a Chop & Mix inexpensive utensil makes cooking ground meat so easy.
Place meat mixture into a crockpot on high
Add cumin and chili powder, stir to combine
Add undrained ranch style beans and tomatoes
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve with grated cheese and sliced jalapenos sprinkled on top.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1440IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3.6mg