It’s always hard to keep your home tidy during the holidays. What with the extra guests, busy schedules, and constant cooking, setting up complicated and obstructive décor is probably the last thing you need to add to your to-do list. Why not try some of our Clutter-Free Holiday Decorating Tips?
We love using multi-purpose items to keep our home tidy and clutter-free throughout the year so we continue to look for ways to do that during the holiday season. We wanted to share our clutter-free holiday decorating tips and we hope they help your home stay organized and tidy.
Luckily, there are so many lovely ways you can add holiday cheer to your home that are cheap, easy, and mess-free. The trick is to swap out functional items that also double as decorative touches, or to use pieces (often smaller or hung up high) that are light and don’t get in anyone’s way.
And many of these recommendations incorporate fun DIY ideas that will add an even more personal touch to your home.
Clutter-Free HolidayDecorating Tips
1. Edison Style String Lights– Vintage string lights like these can look nice hanging almost anywhere, place them in your mantel decor, over a kitchen window or even above a guest bathroom mirror to serve as night lighting for visitors.
2. Metal Baskets– Use them for a display of your holiday baking or keep on hand for those last-minute gifts. Fill them with baked goods, personal items or cold weather gear such as mittens, beanies etc
3. Metallic Washi Tape– to decorate disposable cups, gift tags, or name cards.
4. Round Rustic Tray– Never underestimate the versatility of a simple tray; use it to serve food, turn an ottoman into a drink-safe surface.
5. Metallic Gold Spray Paint One of the quickest ways to make anything look festive is to spray paint it gold or silver. It’s an especially pretty look when applied to foliage, like bare branches, pinecones, or holly. Then just put your gilded greenery in a vase, and you have a beautiful arrangement that’ll last all season.
6. Christmas Card Holder– Most people have trouble figuring out how to display their holiday cards in an attractive way. This tree is adorable and folds flat for easy storage.
7. Multi-Colored Baker’s Twine– Apart from tying up treats and other packages, you can get really creative with the twine. String pine cones along a length of it for a garland, or even use it to create some Christmas-themed string and nail art.
8. Glitter Snowflake Decals One of the best ways to reduce the clutter of holiday décor is to use smaller, flatter pieces that don’t cause a mess or get in the way. Elegant decals like these are a welcome addition to any window. Or if you’re in the mood for a crafting session, they can be replicated with glitter paper using scissors.
9. Cinnamon Pinecones Several delicious-smelling baskets or bowls of pinecones is less messy and a safer alternative to candles for scenting your home for the holidays.
10. Winter Lantern Centerpiece– Light up your home this holiday season with a gorgeous centerpiece from 1-800-Flower. It’s easy to place your order online and have a centerpiece delivered to your door. Crafted around a rustic white lantern, this elegant handcrafted display will fill any home with festive fragrance. Seasonal evergreens including noble fir and holly, perfect for any holiday display. The charming lantern can be used year round as an accent to any décor.
Other Christmas Tricks and Tips: