These Christmas Candy Cookies a peppermint candy cane cookie. These Candy Cane cookies using crushed candy canes and are the best of all peppermint cookies that we have.
If you enjoyed these Christmas Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies then:
- Chocolate Whiskey Truffles
- Crushed Peppermint Three Layer Bars
- Spiced Nuts
- Christmas Chex Mix -Reindeer Chow
Click HERE to save these Christmas Candy Cane Cookies to Pinterest
Best Christmas Candy Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cookie sheets using non-stick cooking spray or better yet a silicone baking mat.
- Place candy canes in a zip lock bag and crush using a rolling pin
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, whip in vanilla and egg, scraping the sides of the bowl and mixing well
- In a separate bowl stir flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together, pour into the large bowl and mix carefully until well combined with the butter, sugar, egg mixture
- Fold in the crushed candy cane and mix gently
- Pour powdered sugar on a large plate. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of dough, form into a ball and roll in the powdered sugar, place on baking sheets
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing dough balls far enough apart so they have plenty of room without melting into each other
- Bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms just start to brown, remove from oven and let cool about 3 minutes prior to moving to a cooling rack.
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.