These Christmas Candy Cookies a peppermint candy cane cookie. These Candy Cane cookies using crushed candy canes and are the best of all peppermint cookies that we have.
These Cookies are just divine, they have the clean taste of peppermint. And these cookies are soft and chewy exactly the way a great cookie should be.
And these Cookies are a must for all our cookie exchanges because these Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies make the best Christmas Candy Cookies ever. But seriously how, can you beat a chewy sugar cookie with crushed peppermint baked inside? You just can’t.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Making Christmas cookies is making memories and is on the top of our to-do list for this busy season. We love having all the grandkids in the kitchen with flour in the air, and sugar everywhere. They pull out the mixer and all the cookie sheets. Then we throw a stack of cookie cooling racks on the counter and start baking. And this first cookie we start with is these peppermint cookies.
Next, to the classic chocolate chip cookie, these peppermint candy cookies are on the top of the list for great Christmas candy cookies here at the Ranch. So grab your rolling pin, mallet or whatever else you have, to start crushing up some candy canes for these lovely treats.
The easiest way to make these cookies are with crushed Christmas candy canes. These delicious cookies and are chewy and delicious and have the awesome flavor of mint.
If enjoy these Christmas Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies then see:
- Chocolate Whiskey Truffles
- Butter Pecan Cookie Recipe
- Crushed Peppermint Three Layer Bars
- Spiced Nuts
- Christmas Chex Mix -Reindeer Chow
Click HERE to save these Christmas Cookies to Pinterest
Best Christmas Candy Cookies
Christmas Candy Cookies are a peppermint candy cane cookie. These Peppermint Candy Cane cookies are the best peppermint cookies.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Keyword: candy cane cookies, Christmas Candy Cookies, peppermint candy cane cookies, Peppermint Candy Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cookie sheets using non-stick cooking spray or better yet a silicone baking mat.
- Place candy canes in a zip lock bag and crush using a rolling pin
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, whip in vanilla and egg, scraping the sides of the bowl and mixing well
- In a separate bowl stir flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together, pour into the large bowl and mix carefully until well combined with the butter, sugar, egg mixture
- Fold in the crushed candy cane and mix gently
- Pour powdered sugar on a large plate. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of dough, form into a ball and roll in the powdered sugar, place on baking sheets
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing dough balls far enough apart so they have plenty of room without melting into each other
- Bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms just start to brown, remove from oven and let cool about 3 minutes prior to moving to a cooling rack.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg