Chocolate Peppermint Bars are like layered chocolate peppermint cookies but in bars. Peppermint Christmas Cookies Bars are easier than cookies to make.
Christmas is a very special time of the year and it’s always fun to indulge in extra special treats. These Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are extra special. But they are fairly easy to make since we made them into bars.
They are not overly sweet and are great for the grandkids or served at one of the many Christmas Parties that we attend this time of the year.
This is also a great time to start gathering your Christmas Recipes in a Christmas file. Organizing just makes life easier and gives you more time during the holidays. Amazon has some very nice Inexpensive Recipe Organizers that would be perfect to get this started.
Other than organizing our recipes for this season, we are stocking up on Red Fiestaware over at Amazon. It’s gorgeous and can be used for Christmas, Valentines Day and several other times during the year which makes the most out of our dollars.
We also like to buy chocolate mint peppermint candy canes which adds a different touch to the norm but these bars are delicious either way. So if you are a traditionalist when it comes to candy canes or like the gourmet ones this recipe will be delicious.
These Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Bars are made in layers, a sugar cookie layer, a chocolate brownie layer and they are topped with melted white chocolate and crushed peppermint. And they look just gorgeous stacked on a plate.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookie bars
For the Sugar Cookie Layer
For the Brownie Layer
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 13 X 9-inch baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
Sugar Cookie Layer
- In a bowl, whisk flour and salt
- In a separate bowl, with a mixer beat melted butter and sugar until fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture and beat to combine.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Press firmly and evenly into the foil-lined pan
- Refrigerate 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Beat in melted butter, egg, milk and mint extract. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Dollop evenly over sugar cookie layer and spread with a spatula dipped in warm water to prevent sticking. (re-dip as needed)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes cool on a wire cooling rack
- Remove from pan and place on work surface.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining (1 1/4 cups) white chocolate chips per package directions.
- Drizzle or spread over bar cookies
- Crush candy canes and sprinkle over the top
- After white chocolate is cooled and hardened, cut into squares
If you enjoyed these Chocolate Peppermint Bars:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.