This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
How to Make these Rice Krispie Snowmen
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
We took the traditional recipe and turned it into a fun craft that is not only edible but delicious. These Christmas Rice Krispies were a hands-down favorite from this much-loved treat. These adorable Rice Krispie Snowmen with their bright-colored scarves, stovepipe hats, little round eyes, and big smiles are an easy project for a cold, snowy afternoon with the children.
It’s fun to assemble everything on a table and let the fun begin. Depending on the ages of the children, they can assist in making all the snowballs, hats and scarves. Or if they are very young, an adult can have everything ready, and the little ones can decorate their very own snowman.
- Hats are made from dipping marshmallows into dipping chocolate and placed on a chocolate cookie.
- Scarves can be quickly designed from fruit roll-ups. They are cut into lengths and sliced at the end to create fringe.
- The bodies are created from the traditional Rice Krispie treat recipe. Then shaped into balls or should we say snowballs
Snowman rice Krispie treats are super cute and easy to assemble. Their hats are attached using marshmallow cream. And a few mini chocolate chips make great eyes, a mouth, and cute buttons.
This little guy’s scarf is folded and tied in the front in a sassy manner. He’s finished off with pretzels for arms.
It’s that time of the year that memories are made and last a lifetime. So many of our fondest memories of raising our children were centered around holiday recipes and crafts like this one!
We made a few of the Rice Krispie Snowmen with dried cranberries for lips just for fun. The snowman in the green scarf has cranberry lips. And we also used regular pretzels (blue scarf) for curved arms.
If you enjoyed these Snowman Rice Krispie Treats then:
Click HERE to save these Christmas Rice Krispies to Pinterest
Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
To make Snowballs
- Microwave butter in a large microwavable bowl for 30-40 seconds or until melted.
- Add all but 6 marshmallows, toss to coat, microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 45 seconds. Stir until smooth
- Add rice Krispies immediately, mix gently until well blended.
- Wait for the mixture to cool about 5 minutes.
- Butter hands and mold into 6–1/2 cups balls and 6–1/4 cup balls, placing each on parchment paper and allow to cool completely
For the Hats
- Lay 6 cookies on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat with chocolate side up
- Melt Dipping Chocolate according to package directions or use this Fondue melting pot
- Using a toothpick or skewer, dip each of the saved 6 marshmallows into the chocolate and place on cookies to resemble a hat
- Let cool completely
For the Scarfs
- Measure and cut about 10-12 inches of fruit roll-ups
- Using a sharp knife, make slashes on the end of each end to make scarf’s fringe.
- Repeat for the other 5 scarfs
For the Noses
- Roll a small piece of fruit snack into a carrot shape
- Repeat 5 times
To Assemble Snowmen
- Using the marshmallow cream attach one 1/4 cup ball on top of a 1/2 cup ball
- Using the marshmallow cream attach mini chocolate chips as eyes, either mini chocolate chips or a dried cranberry for a mouth and the nose made from fruit snack.
- Attach scarves and either tie or press together around the neck of each snowman
- Attach hats using marshmallow creme
- Stick pretzel sticks into the body for arms