A Southern Sweet Potato Pie recipe that is similar to pumpkin pie. But using the word southern is redundant since there is no Northern version. Just follow these easy directions on How to make Sweet Potato Pie.
Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Peel sweet potatoes, cube and place in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water and cook until fork tender
- Drain sweet potatoes and process in a food processor until completely mashed
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add eggs and lightly beat them with a fork until incorporated into sweet potato mixture. Add the evaporated milk and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie shells and cover both with a tent of aluminum foil, bake for 50-60 minutes, removing foil for the last 10-15 minutes to brown crust.
- Pies will be done when a knife, inserted off-center comes out clean.
- While the pies are still hot, place pecan halves in a decorative manner on top of pies
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.