Make the best Texas Bourbon Pecan Pie. Use only good Bourbon for cooking in this pecan pie filling recipe for the absolute best favor.
We do not cut any corners making this Bourbon Pecan Pie. And we use add dark brown sugar, real butter, dark corn syrup and just a splash of good bourbon for cooking to make this pecan pie filling recipe. We did use a store-bought pie crust because this is all about the filling. My all-time favorite pie for fall and Thanksgiving is this Texas Pecan Pie. And we hope you enjoy it also.
Bourbon for cooking:
A great rule of thumb in using bourbon for cooking is to use one that you enjoy drinking. There is much discussion of the proper bourbon, but since you are making this for you and your family, your choice of bourbon should be the one you use in this Texas Pecan Pie. And the ticket is to not use too much or too little. Too little and it doesn’t make a difference and too much can overwhelm and take over the flavor. We believe we have found just the perfect amount in this recipe.
Texas Bourbon Pecan Pie Filling Recipe:
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of good bourbon
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 9 inch unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- Pie protector
Other Sweet Recipes:
Click HERE to save this Texas Pecan Pie Recipe to Pinterest
Texas Pecan Pie
- Start your Texas Pecan Pie by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, salt, bourbon and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in the pecans and pour into the pie crust.
- Place a pie crust protector over the pie and place it on a cooking sheet. Bake on center rack of the oven for 60 to 70 minutes and remove from oven.
- Cool at least for 2 hours on a wire rack before serving.