Make the best Texas Pecan Pie with this Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe. Use good Bourbon for cooking in your pecan pie filling recipe for this pecan pie.
Texas Bourbon Pecan Pie Filling Recipe:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
Bourbon for cooking:
A great rule of thumb in using bourbon for cooking is to use one that you enjoy drinking. There is much discussion of the proper bourbon, but since you are making this for you and your family, your choice of bourbon should be the one you use in this Texas Pecan Pie.
And the ticket is to not use too much or too little. Too little and it doesn’t make a difference and too much can overwhelm and take over the flavor. We believe we have found just the perfect amount in this recipe.
My all-time favorite pie for fall and Thanksgiving is this Texas Pecan Pie. And we hope you enjoy it also.
Click HERE to save this Texas Pecan Pie Recipe to Pinterest
Texas Pecan Pie
- Start your Texas Pecan Pie by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, salt, bourbon and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in the pecans and pour into the pie crust.
- Place a pie crust protector over the pie and place it on a cooking sheet. Bake on center rack of the oven for 60 to 70 minutes and remove from oven.
- Cool at least for 2 hours on a wire rack before serving.