A Southern Cornbread Recipe for a 9X13 pan of old-fashioned cornbread. Also, a skillet cast iron cornbread recipe for the more traditional cornbread lovers.
Our Traditional Cornbread Recipe for Cast Iron Cornbread:
Cast Iron Cornbread in a Skillet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an 8" cast iron skillet or an 8 X 8 baking pan
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add milk, egg, and melted butter and mix well
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cornbread is done when a toothpick or a cake tester comes out clean.
Old-Fashioned Cornbread recipe for Southern Cornbread:
Southern Cornbread (9 X 13 Pan)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9 X 13 pan
- Beat milk, butter, and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes.
Serve this Southern Cornbread or Old-Fashioned Cornbread with:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.