Old Fashioned Cloverleaf Dinner rolls are is a classic dinner roll recipe. These yeast dinner rolls are easily made using a muffin tin. We have had this Classic Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls Recipe for years and years.
Serve Classic Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls with:
Click HERE to save this Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls recipe to Pinterest
Old Fashion Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the sugar, butter, salt and yeast in a large bowl
- Add the water, milk, and egg and beat on low speed then keep adding flour until dough is easy to handle
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic about 5 minutes
- Place in a large greased bowl, cover and place in warm place. Let rise until double in size, about 1 hour
- Punch down dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Place 3 balls in each of the 24 greased muffin cups or cupcake pans
- Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 18 minutes, brushing with extra butter at the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.