Old Fashioned Cloverleaf Dinner rolls are is a classic dinner roll recipe. These yeast dinner rolls are easily made using a muffin tin. We have had this Classic Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls Recipe for years and years.
I remember my girls used to help me by rolling up the balls of dough and placing it in the cupcake pans. They loved making the little balls of dough and then pulling apart the cooked rolls and smearing them with butter.
Old Fashion Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the sugar, butter, salt and yeast in a large bowl
- Add the water, milk, and egg and beat on low speed then keep adding flour until dough is easy to handle
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic about 5 minutes
- Place in a large greased bowl, cover and place in warm place. Let rise until double in size, about 1 hour
- Punch down dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Place 3 balls in each of the 24 greased muffin cups or cupcake pans
- Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 18 minutes, brushing with extra butter at the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
Serve Classic Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls with:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.