How to Cook a Pumpkin
- Fresh whole Pumpkins or leftover carved pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkins into hand size chunks. No need to peel them yet. If you haven’t already, clean out seeds and pulp. (save seeds for roasting later)
- Place pumpkin pieces on a baking sheet lined with the parchment paper cut side up (so the skin is touching the baking sheet. This way if the pumpkin get a little too brown on the bottom, it’s on the peel which will be removed)
- Roast for about 45 minutes until they are fork tender.
- Peel off the skin from the pumpkin pieces or scoop out the meat of the pumpkin with a large spoon. Discard skin.
- Place pumpkin in a food processor, a few scoops at a time. Working in batches, pulse until the pumpkin is smooth.
- Use immediately or place in freezer bags and freeze.
If you enjoyed our tips on How to cook a Pumpkin then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.