Here’s how to make Mini Pumpkin Pies in a muffin tin. Serve these Muffin Tin mini pumpkin pies and everyone can have their own mini pumpkin pie.
Why bake mini pumpkin pies in a muffin tin you ask? Oh, I don’t know but maybe because I wanted to say I can eat an entire pie or two by myself? Maybe there are only two of us and the rest of these babies can freeze very easily? Or, maybe because the grandkids are coming over and they love anything mini especially Muffin Tin Pumpkin Pies? Or, maybe because I find these mini pies just adorable?
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
It really doesn’t take much longer to make these little pies verses a normal size pie. And it just makes serving dessert so extra special when everyone gets their very own little pumpkin pie.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pies
The first step in making these adorable mini pumpkin pies is with the crust. Whether you are using homemade pie crust dough or store-bought, roll out the dough to about the thickness you wish. It’s your pies, no worries about how thick the dough might, should or could be. Make them the way you like them!
Use a 3-inch or a 3 1/4 inch biscuit cutter and cut rounds out of the dough. Carefully place each round of dough in each cup of your cupcake pan, making sure the dough comes up the sides of each cup.
As you pour in the creamy pumpkin filling, make sure to NOT fill them too high, the pumpkin pie filling will rise some and it’s not good if it runs over the top of the little crusts.
These muffin tin pumpkin pies are just too cute and no special pan was needed. These pies were baked right in a muffin tin or cupcake pan that most of us already have. I love finding new uses for items I have already purchased.
These Mini Pumpkin Pies would be delicious eating while sitting in front of a fire watching it snow outside. They would be darling for any little girls (or big girls) tea party or on any elegant dessert table. Or why don’t you just bake a few for those days when we need a nice bite of comfort food.
I think the answer to the question is why we make mini pies is basic. We just need them in our life! They are a necessity, not a luxury!
Other Fall Treats:
- Mini Southern Pecan Pies
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bars
- How to Cook a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie with Freshly Ground Nutmeg
Click HERE to save these Mini Pumpkin Pies in a Muffin Tin Recipe to Pinterest
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2- pie crusts unbaked
- 1 15 oz pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- whipped cream topping
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until blended.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl, whip in pumpkin, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add sugar-spice mixture and mix well
- Roll pie dough on a lightly floured surface
- Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut out rounds, rerolling and cutting until all the dough is gone.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
- Carefully place each round into muffin cups, pressing down
- Preheat oven to 375
- Carefully spoon filling into pie cups making sure not to overfill
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until filling is set and crust is brown
- Let cups cool completely on a wire rack before attempting to remove them from the muffin tin ( use a very thin sharp knife to run around the edges before removing)
- Top with whip cream topping
Sunday 19th of September 2021
These look yummy and are a nice guilt free size :-)
Monday 20th of September 2021
Yes!! You can eat a "whole" pie and not feel guilty! Thanks so much