Make Mini Southern Pecan Pies with this easy bourbon pecan pie recipe and muffin tins. You can serve these Pecan Pie cups for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Pecan pie is my favorite holiday pie and it’s my favorite pie of all time. And we have an amazing Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe that we enjoy year after year. A couple years ago our daughter used that recipe to make mini pecan pies using the same idea of our Mini Pumpkin Pies. Oh my goodness, they were delicious! And now these Mini Southern Pecan Pies have became a family favorite.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Even though we use bourbon in these mini pecan pies, it is optional. It’s only 2 Tablespoons and the alcohol cooks off leaving the smooth flavor. We believe these pies taste better with the addition of bourbon but we know many that leave out the bourbon and loves them.
Mini Southern Pecan Pie Recipe:
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup, we use Karo Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of good Bourbon, optional
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2- 9 inch unbaked pie crusts
- Muffin Tins
- 3 inch biscuit cutter
- Pastry Mat
- Rolling Pin
- Mixing Bowls
How to make these Southern Mini Bourbon Pecan Pies:
Other Pie Recipes:
Click HERE to save this Mini Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe to Pinterest:
Mini Southern Pecan Pies
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Roll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Use a 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out rounds rerolling and cutting until all the dough is gone. You should have 14-16 rounds of mini pie crusts.
- Spray your muffin pans with a non-stick cooking spray. Carefully place each dough round into each muffin cup, pressing down to form a mini pie crust.
- Continue until all the pie dough is gone. Each crust should should come up on the sides a little more than halfway. You should have 14-16 mini pie crusts.
- Add the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, melted butter, salt, bourbon and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place two tablespoons chopped pecans in each pecan pie cup.
- Carefully spoon pecan pie filling into pie cups making sure not to overfill. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place pans on wire racks. Immediately check to see if any filling spilled over to the pan. If so, use a knife to carefully scrape it away from the edges of the tins. The filling will harden as it cools making it hard to remove the pies from the muffin tin. Let the cups cool completely before removing from the pan, use a butter knife to help loosen each pie.