An easy recipe for Sweet and Spicy Pecans (crack pecans) or you can make spiced walnuts. These spicy pecans are a little bit naughty (spicy) and a little bit nice (sweet) that your family will enjoy this Christmas
If you enjoyed these Sweet and Spicy Pecans or Spicy Walnuts then:
Click HERE to save this sweet and spicy pecan recipe to Pinterest
Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cayenne, pepper, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until there are no lumps and everything is well blended
- In a separate medium bowl, whip egg white and water until frothy but not stiff
- Add pecans (or walnuts) to egg white mixture and stir to coat evenly
- Sprinkle the pecans (or walnuts) with the sugar mixture, and toss until evenly coated
- Spread the nuts on a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from oven and stir gently to separate the nuts as they cool
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.