So the next time you are craving a hot dog with different hot dog toppings, try making these Chicago Dogs.
All Beef Frank on a poppy seed bun topped with peppers, tomatoes and pickle relish
- 1 package All Beef Frankfurters with natural casings if you can find them
- 1 package poppy seed hot dog buns
- yellow mustard
- sweet green pickle relish
- 1 large chopped white onion
- 1 tomato thinly sliced into wedges
- 8 dill pickle spears from the refrigerated area for the crispest
- sport peppers
- celery salt
Heat oven to 325 degrees
Wrap the poppy seed buns in foil and place in oven to heat, about 5 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in the frankfurters and boil for 5 minutes.
Place the frankfurters on the bun, add the mustard in a zigzag pattern (no reason, I just like the way it looks).
Spoon about 1 tablespoon of relish along one side of the frankfurter.
Sprinkle on the desired amount of chopped onion over the entire dog.
Place the tomato wedges on the opposite side of the frankfurter from the relish.
Add the peppers on the tomato wedges and the pickle spear on top of the relish.
Sprinkle with celery salt to taste.
Serve a Chicago Dog with:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.