Enjoy homemade corn dogs with this corn dog maker recipe. Use our hot dog batter recipe to make baked corn dogs instead of high fat fried ones.
I think just about everyone loves a great corn dog and especially those deep fried ones at state fairs. But we all know that fried foods is just not that healthy for us. But of course we can enjoy them, all things in moderation but sometimes we can make a better choice.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small purchase at no additional cost to you.
Making a baked corn dog is so much easier by using an electric corn dog maker. And they are smaller than the average since they are cut in half and then dipped a hot dog batter.
What are corn dogs made of:
- 1 package of 8 hot dogs
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup pancake mix complete, with no additional egg, oil needed, etc is best
- 2 tsp sugar
Hot Dog Batter and Cooking Directions:
Combine and whip all ingredients together in a shallow dish like a 9 X 13 pan. Batter should be thicker than pancake mix.
Cut each of the hot dogs in half and insert a skewer in the cut end of the hot dog. Turn on your maker and allow to heat per the package instructions.
Dip each of the skewered hot dogs into the batter several times, using a spoon to completely cover each one of them.
Place each one in the corn dog maker and close the lid.
*Tip: to get nicely rounded corn dogs, spoon more batter onto the corn dog before closing the lid. Also, when flipping them, midway through the cooking time, spoon more batter on where needed.
Then cook until golden brown.
Remove from the maker and serve with your favorite condiment! Enjoy.
If you enjoyed these homemade corn dogs then see these:
Click HERE to save this corn dog maker recipe to Pinterest
Corn Dog Maker Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow dish. Batter should be thicker than pancake mix.
- Cut hot dogs in half and insert a skewer in the cut end of the hot dog.
- Turn on corn dog maker and allow to heat per machine instructions.
- Dip corn dogs into batter several times, using a spoon to completely cover the corn dog
- Place it in the corn dog maker and close the lid.
- *Tip: to get nicely rounded corn dogs, spoon more batter onto the corn dog before closing the lid. Also, when flipping the corn dogs, midway through the cooking time, spoon more batter on where needed.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Dip in your favorite condiment!