Make a Patriotic Red White and Blue Poke Cake this holiday season. And use our easy instructions on how to make a poke cake with our 4th of July Poke Cake Recipe.
As the Fourth of July looms upon us, we are all into red, white and blue desserts. Also at those Memorial Day Picnics, we all love to show those gorgeous patriotic colors in decorations and food.
And this recipe for our Red White and Blue Poke Cake is a super easy dessert for both of those patriotic holidays. And we are here to show you how to make a poke using a store bought cake mix and colored jello.
Click HERE to save this Red White and Blue Poke Cake to Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The colors in this 4th of July Poke cake are just perfect for all patriotic holidays. Vertical strips of red and blue with a white cake showing in between make this a gorgeous 4th of July Poke Cake. And you will be very proud to serve it this summer.
How to make a Red White and Blue Poke Cake:
Poke Cakes are about the easiest cakes to make and can be very impressive like our Red White and Blue Poke Cake.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Start your 4th of July Poke Cake by gathering up your ingredients. You will need to purchase a white cake mix, a 4 oz box of cherry Jell-O, a 4 oz box of berry blue Jell-O, whipped topping and red white and blue sprinkles.
Bake the white cake according to the package directions in a 9 X13 inch cake pan. Cool for at 15 minutes and then using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke numerous holes in the cake as shown in the picture above.
Mix 1/2 box of the red Jell-O with 1/2 cup boiling water in a small bowl. Add 1/2 box of the blue Jell-O with 1/2 cup of boiling water in another small bowl. Then stir both until Jell-O is completely dissolved.
Carefully pour one color of jello into each hole alternating between the blue and red. Then place cake in the refrigerator to allow the jello to soak in and set up.
Remove from fridge and spread the whipped topping evenly over the top of the entire cake.
Add plenty of red white and blue sprinkles to this 4th of July poke cake.
Then serve and enjoy!!
If you enjoyed this 4th of July Poke Cake then try these:
- Patriotic Dyed Rice Candle Holder
- American Flag Fruit Skewers
- Patriotic Cookes from a Cake Mix
- Strawberries and Blueberries Trifle in a Mason Jar
Red, White, & Blue Poke Cake
- 9 X 13 Cake Pan
- Wooden Spoon for poking holes
- Prepare and bake cake according to box directions in a 9 X 13-inch baking pan
- When the cake is cooled, combine 1/2 cup boiling water with blue jello in a bowl. Stir until dissolved. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup boiling water with red jello. Stir until dissolved.
- Use a wooden spoon and poke several holes in the cake. Carefully spoon jello mixtures into the holes, trying to only pour one color into each hole. Be sure to spread the colors throughout to create a fun color pattern.
- Place cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow jello to soak in.
- Remove from the refrigerator and frost with whipped topping
- Sprinkles the top of the cake with Red White and Blue Sprinkles
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.