With summer coming on and berries being in season right now it’s time to make this simple trifle recipe. This Mason Jar dessert make several individual blueberry strawberry angel food trifles.
During the summer it seems we always don’t have enough canning jars or mason jars. We use them in so many ways besides canning. We have made Bird Feeders, Solar Lights, and Gift Mixes from mason jars and now this Summer Berry Trifle. Sometimes we stop and pick up a case or two of different sizes or sometimes to save time. Or we will just place an order from Amazon and have them delivered. Either way, we can’t get enough of them. To find the correct size of jars used in this simple trifle recipe here is our Amazon Affiliate Link for 1-pint wide mouth Mason Jars.
How to make a Summer Berry Trifle Mason Jar Dessert:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
Use a fork to break up the cream cheese in a medium bowl, add the yogurt and lemon zest. Then use a mixer and beat until smooth and creamy and set aside. Start assembling your red, white and blue trifle by washing the berries and slicing the strawberries. Then cut thee angel cake slices into bite-size pieces and set aside.
Divide the angel cake pieces in half and then divide 1/2 of the angel food cake pieces into 4-pint mason jars.
Top the creme with cake pieces in each pint jar with 1/8 of the strawberries and blueberries.
Other summer treats like this red white and blue trifle:
Click HERE to save this Strawberry Blueberry Mason Jar Trifle to Pinterest
Summer Berry Trifle
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries
- 4 slices Angel Food Cake
- 4 Pint size Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Use a fork to break up the cream cheese in a medium bowl, add the yogurt and lemon zest Use a Mixer and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Crumble the angel food cake into bite size pieces. Use half of angel food cake pieces and place equally into 4-pint size mason jars
- Top the cake pieces with 1/8 of the strawberries and blueberries into each jar. Spoon 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the creme mixture to cover the berries
- Top with the remaining cake pieces and the berries, saving a few berries for garnish. Spoon remaining creme mixture on top and garnish with remaining berries
Don’t forget to pin this simple trifle recipe.
Wednesday 11th of June 2014
Looks very refreshing! MMmm.
Wednesday 11th of June 2014
Looks great! So yummy looking but also patriotic!
Saturday 6th of July 2013
So very 4th! :D Clever you. Pretty dessert.
The Pin Junkie
Thursday 4th of July 2013
Happy 4th of July!
Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen
Wednesday 3rd of July 2013
This looks like the perfect treat for tomorrow!! Thanks so much for sharing.