See these easy instructions on how to make mason jar lights. These DIY Mason Jar Solar lights are inexpensive and are maintenance-free!
We love yard lights twinkling in the summer night illuminating soft romantic areas around the yard. And one of my favorite things to do in the evenings is sitting outside. We love enjoying the cool night breeze and watching and listening to nature.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We have several tables set around the Ranch yard where we can sit and have coffee or a beverage and just enjoy the end of the day and we needed a maintenance-free light on these tables. These easy Mason Jar Solar Lights are one of our favorite accents around the Ranch yard. They light up the Texas night with a soft romantic glow.
I had wanted a soft light that I wouldn’t have to light but was heavy enough not to blow away during our spring winds. I hadn’t been able to solve this until one of my little lights down at the front gates was destroyed by falling debris during a windstorm.
Then I remembered that my sweet friend down the road (ok 8 miles down the road) had made the cutest little mason jar lights from the tops of her solar lights when the bases were damaged. I saved the top of the light and gathered several other supplies.
What you need for Solar Mason Jar Lights:
How to Make DIY Mason Jar Lights:
Scroll to the bottom for Printable Instructions
See how gorgeous these lights are with the gems reflecting the light. They are sitting around on tables and on the BBQ Pit around the Ranch yard. I just love them and the price was even better. We also made these super easy DIY Mason Jar Bird Feeders. Now I know you wish to see the object of my inspiration! My friend Angie’s lights!
She used wire and made little hangers-on each jar and they are hanging in her flower beds bordering the sidewalk. They are just gorgeous!
If you enjoyed these Mason Jar Solar Lights see these:
- 23 of the BEST DIY Backyard Projects and Garden Ideas
- Mason Jar Bird Feeder
- Christmas Centerpieces with Mason Jar
- Mason Jar Luminaries
- Farmhouse Porch Decor
Click HERE to save these Mason Jar Lights to Pinterest
How to Make Mason Jar Lights
- measuring cup
- Unscrew the solar light from the globe and stick. Remove the cover from the batteries and remove the battery.
- Pour the glass gems into the mason jar filling about halfway (about 2 cups of gems for a quart size wide mouth jar). Filling only halfway leaves room for the light to shine and the gems to reflect the light.
- Center the mason jar lid ring on the bottom of the solar light making sure you do not cover the opening of the battery. Glue the ring into place and let dry overnight
- Replace battery and cover, and if needed file the corners of the cover or just leave the cover off. Screw the solar light on the mason jar and place outside and enjoy your evening filled with the soft lighting.