An easy Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff with cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. This recipe for chicken stroganoff is without mushrooms.
This is an easy slow cooker Chicken Stroganoff that is served over pasta for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Everything is placed in the slow cooker in the morning and then all one has to do to have dinner ready is to cook the egg noodles.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This Chicken Stroganoff is super easy and perfect for those busy days. We kept this recipe simple and used a couple pre-made helps to season this dish. And even though most stroganoff recipes have mushrooms this is a stroganoff without mushrooms recipe. But there is noting wrong with adding them if you wish.
What is in this slow cooker chicken stroganoff:
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless
- 1 ounce package of dry onion soup mix
- 10 1/2 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 16 ounce package wide egg noodles
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish, optional
- Slow Cooker
- Pasta cooker
- Small mixing bowl
How to make chicken stroganoff without mushrooms:
Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. And place thighs into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix together the softened cream cheese, dry soup mix and cream of chicken soup in a small mixing bowl.
Spread cream cheese, soup mixture on top of chicken thighs as evenly as possible.
Cook the slow cooker chicken stroganoff on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 until chicken is done. Remove the bones from the chicken thighs and use two forks, shred the chicken and mix.
Cook wide egg noodles according to package instructions. And serve the chicken stroganoff over the cooked noodles and topped with chopped fresh parsley as a garnish. And maybe with roasted asparagus on the side.
Other Chicken Recipes:
Click Here to save this Chicken Stroganoff with Cream Cheese recipe to Pinterest
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Very easy Chicken Stroganoff from a slow cooker and served over pasta
- 4 chicken thighs skinless
- 1 1 ounce package dry onion soup mix
- 1 10 1/2 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 16 oz package wide egg noodles or pasta of your choice
- fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Place thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, dry soup mix and cream of chicken soup in a small mixing bowl
- Spread mixture on top of chicken thighs
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 until chicken is done
- Remove the bones from the chicken thighs. Using two forks, shred the chicken and mix
- Cook noodles according to package instructions
- Serve the chicken stroganoff over the cooked noodles and top with chopped fresh parsley as a garnish
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg
Tuesday 5th of May 2015
You can never have too many easy dinner ideas! This sounds wonderful! :)
Tuesday 5th of May 2015
Pinning! I'm always looking for new slow cooker ideas!