A few years back, my hubby and I started a competition between the two of us about who could make the best biscuits. So every weekend, our kitchen was dripping with flour and all the other great ingredients of a good Southern/Texas biscuit. Of course, I do believe we won hands down because at one point, we combined forces and we came up with these biscuits. We have never been good about not being on the same team!!
Pair these with butter, homemade jelly and/or homemade gravy and you have a killer Southern/Texas biscuit!
Secret Biscuit Recipe
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Combine Flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and soda in a medium size bowl
3. Stir in buttermilk and melted butter to make a soft dough
4. Turn out dough onto a flour board and knead lightly 7-8 times, just until smooth
5. Roll out to 3/4 cup thickness and cut into rounds with a 1 1/2 inch cutter
6. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until golden brown