Grilled Chicken Breast on a bed of lettuce with black beans, corn, and tomatoes. And we serve this southwest grilled chicken salad topped with avocados, sliced jalapenos, and crunchy tortilla chips.
During these long hot summers here on the ranch, we crave salads. You know those fresh cool crisp salads loaded with flavors and color. And if we can make a meal out of a salad we will, each and every time like this Tex Mex Salad.
The Secret to the Best Tex Mex Salad:
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
- freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce
- 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can whole corn, drained
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-3 jalapenos, sliced
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup of tortilla chips, crumbled
The reason we think this Tex Mex Salad is so amazing is that we mix some of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Start this salad adding the drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans in a medium bowl and mix well. Then add the chopped tomatoes, green onions, and minced garlic and stir gently to mix.
- Chop then place romaine lettuce in a Salad Spinner and wash well then spin dry. Add the lettuce to a Large Salad Bowl.
- Pour the corn black bean mixture and the grated cheese over the lettuce. Toss well.
- Top with the sliced grilled chicken breast, avocados, jalapenos and serve with ranch dressing.
All the veggies make this a super easy salad with just amazing flavors and colors. And it’s easy so you could have lunch on the table in a manner of minutes.
NOTE: You could use leftover grilled chicken or a rotisserie chicken with this spicy Tex Mex Salad to make it even easier.
This spicy summer chicken salad makes a great lunch or even a late dinner. The jalapeños and tortilla chips with garden-fresh tomatoes will turn it into the best southwest grilled chicken salad. And especially that dash of cayenne pepper on the chicken breast gives the meat just a bit of spicy that we Tex Mex Salad lovers enjoy.
So whether you call it a Tex Mex Salad or a Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad we know you will love this spicy summer chicken salad.
If you enjoyed this Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad then try these other summer salads:
Click HERE to save this Tex Mex Salad to Pinterest
Tex Mex Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 1 whole chicken breast
- Black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can whole corn drained
- 2-3 to tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and sliced
- ranch dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips crumbled
- Place chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to pound to about 1/2 inch thick and remove from wrap
- Heat a grill skillet to medium heat. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and just a dash of cayenne pepper
- Grill chicken breast until done about 10-15 minutes per side until temperature reaches 165 degrees, remove from heat and allow to rest
- Chop romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a salad spinner, wash well and spin dry. Place the lettuce in a large serving bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, garlic and green onions, add to lettuce, and toss gently
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and lay on top of salad
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and jalapeño slices
- Just prior to serving top with avocado slices, tortilla chips and ranch dressing
Thursday 7th of July 2016
This is my kind of salad - I could eat it all year long! :)