Make an easy 5 layer taco dip in a jar using 8 oz mason jelly jars. This individual dip in a jar is made with beans, cream cheese/sour cream and topped with salsa, lettuce, and tomatoes. We believe it will be a hit at any party, get-to-gather or at any of your game day celebrations.
We were in the midst of planning a party when we came up with the idea to make individual 5 layer taco dips for everyone. And since we had a collection of jars we thought to give it a country look and make it in mason jars.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We kept things simple and used 8 oz little jelly jars for this taco dip in a jar and tied them with simple bakers twine. This super cute idea for an individual dip in a jar was a delight for everyone and is something we would like to try again.
What you need for this Taco Dip in a jar
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 oz can refried beans or bean dip
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 package shredded lettuce
- 12 small jelly jars
- simple bakers twine
- guacamole, optional
To make an individual dip in a jar:
Scroll down for the printable directions
Place the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl and mix until very well combined.
Spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of each of the small jelly jars.
Top the beans with a layer of the cream cheese and sour cream mixture.
Sprinkle a thick layer of shredded cheese on top of the sour cream/cream cheese mixture.
Finish your taco dip in a jar by garnishing with lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
We didn’t put guacamole in the jars because of the tendency to brown even though we have an awesome recipe for non-browning guacamole. We decided to serve it on the side so guests could add it later. Also, we set out bowls of different salsas with varying degrees of spicy hot so everyone could top their taco dip in a jar with their own preferences. And you could serve them with tortilla chips or Frito chips like we did.
Other Appetizer recipes:
Click HERE to save this 5 layer taco dip recipe to Pinterest
5 layer taco dip in a jar
- Place the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl and mix until very well combined.
- Spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of each of the small jelly jars.
- Top the beans with a layer of cream cheese and sour cream mixture
- Spread a thick layer of shredded cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Finish by garnishing with lettuce and chopped tomatoes.