Make a round loaf Zucchini Bread for breakfast, brunch or snacks. This easy coffee can bread is made from an easy zucchini nut bread recipe.
My Aunt Betty was the most gracious loveliest little lady, I have ever met. I always think the best way to describe her was to say she just sparkled. The light always reflected off her jewelry and her little eyes always had a special twinkle. When I first met her (she really wasn’t related by blood to me), she had an awesome little shop where she rented prom dresses, wedding dresses, and all the groomsmen attire. It was the sweetest little shop that was literally stuffed with the most amazing clothing that would turn anyone into a princess or a prince. And she would flitter around and it was obvious that she loved dressing everyone up, she always attended the senior prom and every wedding to take pictures of all her little princess and princes.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase, we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Yes, she even dressed my son for his senior prom even though we lived so far away. Everyone loved Aunt Betty, in fact, while I was visiting her little shop one day, a fisherman arrived with a huge fish in the trunk of his car so she could take a picture. She was just as excited to take that fish picture as any of the lovely brides that arrived in her shop.
I was so very lucky that she was in love with my favorite Uncle. They had been childhood sweethearts but had gone their separate ways for all those years. And after their children were grown and they lost their spouses, they both returned to the little town they grew up where they met again. They never married each other nor lived together but dated and had ever so much fun together for many, many years. Aunt Betty still had the little valentine my Uncle gave her in the 1st grade.
We lost our sweet Aunt Betty just a few months after my Mother passed away but lovely memories of her still live in my heart. I was fortunate to have known her and to be one of those people in her life.
How to make Round Loaf Zucchini Bread:
At a recent trip to my uncle’s home, one of my cousins have given me a community cookbook that had several of Aunt Betty’s recipes but this Round Zucchini Bread was one of my favorites. We hoped we did it justice in tribute to this wonderful lady that made sure everyone felt better just being in her presence. Here’s to you Aunt Betty, you are missed so very much.
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups grated raw zucchini, unpeeled
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting
How to bake Coffee Can Bread:
Scroll down for the Printable Recipe
- Prepare both of your coffee cans by washing and drying them very well. Then spray the insides with cooking spray and dust with flour. Preheat your oven to 325° F
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and zucchini in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder and mix until throughly combined. Add the vanilla and the pecans and gently stir.
- Fill your metal coffee cans about 3/4 full with the batter and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes until center is done
- Let cool completely. Carefully remove the bread from the cans by running a sharp knife just an inch down around inside of the cans. Invert onto a cooling rack and stand the bread on its end and let cool completely before slicing. Dust with powdered sugar.
We baked Aunt Betty’s Zucchini Bread Recipe in one pound coffee cans so we would have zucchini bread as special as Aunt Betty.
Traditional Zucchini Bread recipe that is baked into round loaves. This Zucchini Bread recipe has an amazing array of spices and pecans. We hoped we did it justice in tribute to this wonderful lady that made sure everyone felt better just being in her presence.
Here’s to you Aunt Betty, you are missed so very much.
Other Bread Recipes:
Click HERE to save this Round Load Zucchini Bread Recipe to Pinterest
Round Zucchini Bread
- Prepare your coffee cans by washing and drying them very well
- Spray the insides with cooking spray and dust with flour
- Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together eggs, oil, sugar and zucchini in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder
- Add the vanilla and the pecans
- Fill the cans about 3/4 full with the batter
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes until center is done
- Let cool and carefully remove the bread from the cans
- 10. Stand the bread on its end and let cool completely before slicing
- 11. Dust with powdered sugar.