How to Make an Easy Pasta Primavera with Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare your veggies by cutting the squashes and the peppers into matchsticks, cut the onion and the eggplant in half lengthwise and slice, and then slice the mushrooms (see picture below)
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs then spread on several cookie sheets and top with garlic cloves. Roast in oven stirring occasionally until the veggies are caramelized and the garlic is tender about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Note: The veggies could also be stir-fried in batches until caramelized. So if you do not wish to heat up the oven, grab a big skillet
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente, drain reserving 1-2 cups of the pasta water.
- Using a fork, mash the garlic cloves into a paste and add the garlic paste and the caramelized veggies to the pasta. Toss the pasta and veggies together and add the grated cheese and enough of the pasta water to moisten.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with additional cheese sprinkled on top.
If you enjoyed this Pasta Primavera: