This recipe for Individual Manicotti would be perfect to make for a romantic dinner. We make things easier by using a jar of spaghetti sauce and we can add a few extra herbs if we wish to beef up the flavor.
Homemade Manicotti in Individual dishes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley and salt and pepper
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan. *Tip- always cook it for about 30 minutes with a whole carrot to remove some of the acidity of the spaghetti sauce
- Meanwhile, spoon about 3+ tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells to fill
- Spoon enough of the spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of each individual baking dish
- Lay 2-3 filled manicotti shells on top of the sauce and cover with additional sauce
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered.
Other Homemade Italian Pasta Dishes:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.