Baked pasta recipes are just the bomb. We love them because they make life so much easier because they can be assembled ahead of time. But of course they are delicious, we are pasta lovers, all things Italian go over well here at the Ranch.
Sometimes we use rotisserie chicken in place of the grilled chicken and it makes this Chicken Alfredo recipe extra easy. And this is one of those recipes we have on hand to use when we fire up the grill and grill numerous chicken breasts at one time.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We usually assemble this Easy Chicken Alfredo early in the day and 25 minutes before we are ready to serve dinner, pop it into the oven. Sometimes we double it for a future freezer meal by assembling an additional one in a freezer pan. Then cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil, freeze and it’s good for 3 months.
- Also, this recipe takes 12 cloves of chopped garlic which is sometimes a pain but we have two items that make the job so much easier.
- Garlic peeler–it’s just a rubber tube that looks like a manicotti. The clove is placed into the tube and rolled and the peels are separated easily from the meat of the garlic.
- Garlic Chopper– it’s not your average garlic press. Twist to chop up to four peeled cloves of garlic at a time.
- This Alfredo sauce has an amazing flavor, and it’s well worth making it from scratch. It’s quick and easy, I pinkie promise.
Other Pasta Recipes you might enjoy:
Click HERE to save this Easy Chicken Alfredo to Pinterest
Easy Chicken Alfredo
- 16 ounces ziti
- 2 1/2 cups grilled chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic chopped very fine
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
For the Pasta
- While making the Alfredo Sauce, cook the ziti according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and return to stockpot and cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat
- Add the garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine, continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes to cook the flour
- Add the chicken broth and whisk until mixture starts to thicken, add milk and continue to cook and whisk until thickened
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper
- Remove from heat and add chicken
- Pour mixture over the ziti and gently stir to combine
- Pour half of the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the mozzarella cheese, layer the remaining pasta mixture evenly on top and add the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the pasta.
- Bake uncovered in a 375-degree oven for 25 minutes until cheese is melted and the top just starts to turn a golden brown
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve!
You might wish to pin for later?