Green Chile, Chicken and Bacon Carbonara with a creamy chicken pasta carbonara sauce. This Green Chile Carbonara comes from our collection of Hatch Green Chile Recipes.
This Green Chile Carbonara is one of our favorite Hatch Green Chile Recipes. It’s a Chicken and Bacon Carbonara with a creamy chicken pasta carbonara sauce. This is so much fun to make together and more than two hands are often needed in the preparation so it’s a great time to enjoy kitchen time with your sweetie. But don’t wait to enjoy this great pasta dish, it makes a special dinner when the two of you are celebrating just being together.
Note: Did you know that Roasted Hatch Green Chile can be found on Amazon? And, in case you would like to serve your Chicken Carbonara in one of these Red Creuset Baking dishes, here is where they can be found. Also, they do come in other colors.
If you enjoyed this Chicken and Bacon Carbonara see these:
Click HERE to save this Green chile Carbonara recipe to Pinterest
Green Chile Chicken Carbonara
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to the package directions
- Meanwhile, melt 1 stick of butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, saute lightly, add the Hatch green chile and heat
- Break the three eggs in a separate dish and scramble, set aside
- Pour the half and half in a bowl and heat in the microwave (do not boil)
- As soon as the pasta is done, drain and place back in the pot.
This is where it’s nice to have a second set of hands
- While pasta is still hot, add the butter mixture and gently mix, immediately add the eggs a little at a time while continuing to mix allowing the heat of the pasta to cook the eggs
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix until combined then add the heated half & half and stir
- Mix in the cooked chicken and bacon pieces
- Pour into 4 individual bakings dishes or a 7 X 5 baking dish filling to the very top
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan, add the panko crumbs and stir until butter is absorbed and panko crumbs are golden brown. Top the pasta with the panko crumbs
- Place the casserole dish or dishes on a baking sheet and back in the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.