Make this DIY Christmas simmer pot with directions on how to use potpourri in a simmer pot. Learn how to make your house smell nice with this homemade Christmas Potpourri. Also free printables for your simmer pot gift jar label
Have you wondered how to make your house smell nice without chemicals or unnatural scents? Well, I’m sure your friends have also so and would love to receive a Christmas simmer pot. This simmer pot gift is made with homemade Christmas Potpourri like dried oranges, apples and cranberries.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
These little simmer pot gifts are super easy and inexpensive to make but are sure to delight your friends and family. They do make a simple but thoughtful Christmas gift. But you don’t have to give them all away you could the ingredients in a bigger jar and use it in your own house all season long. Wouldn’t that make your home smell nice and Christmasy?
How to use potpourri:
A simmer pot is our favorite way to use Christmas Potpourri. Empty the contents of the jar to a saucepan and cover with water. And then simmer over low heat and add more water as needed. Or you could use a simmer pot designed especially for Potpourri.
What you need to make this Christmas Simmer Pot Gift in a jar:
- 1 pint-size jar
- an orange, thinly sliced
- an apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Free Printable Gift Tag/Instructions
- Baking sheet
- Wire rack
- Dehydrator, optional
How to make this Christmas Simmer Pot Gift:
Slice the apple and orange into 1/3 inch thick slices, if they are any thicker, they will not dry well. Dry the orange and apple slices by placing them in a single layer on a wire rack. Place the wire rack on top of a baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees for three to four hours. Or use a dehydrator at 130 degrees for about 12 hours.
Allow the orange and apple slices to cool completely before assembling the jar. Gather together your supplies like the jars, ribbon and cinnamon sticks.
To assemble your simmer pot jar, add the dried orange slices, dried apple slices, dried cranberries, and cinnamon sticks to the mason jar.
Print these>> printable gift tags and cut around the outer edge to make a circle the size of your metal jar lid. These tags have the instructions on how to make your house smell nice with this Christmas Potpourri.
Place the gift tag instructions so your recipient knows how to use potpourri on top of the round metal lid insert, then screw the ring into place.
Decorate your Christmas Potpourri jar with a ribbon and give it your BFF or anyone special on your gift list. This is especial great for
Other Christmas Crafts and Gifts:
- Wine Cork Wreath
- Christmas Mason Jar Centerpieces
- Personalized Wine Glass Charms
- Tripe Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar Gift
Click HERE to save this Christmas Simmer Pot Mason Jar Craft to Pinterest
Christmas Potpourri Simmer Pot
- Dry the orange and apple slices by placing them in a single layer on a wire rack. Place the wire rack on top of a baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees for three to four hours. Or use a dehydrator and follow their instructions.
- Allow the orange and apple slices to cool completely before assembling the jar.
- To assemble the jar, add the dried orange slices, dried apple slices, dried cranberries, and cinnamon sticks to the jar.
- Print the printable gift tag and cut around the outer edge.
- Place the gift tag on top of the round metal lid insert, then screw the ring into place.
- Decorate the jar with a ribbon.
- To use: Empty the contents of the jar to a saucepan and cover with water or place contents in a simmer pot and follow directions on the pot