This Corn Souffle or Corn casserole from scratch is made with canned corn, basil, ricotta, and basil. It is indeed one of our favorite Holiday Recipes. My daughter even brings it a step up and buys fresh corn on the cob, roasts it and adds the fresh corn.
It’s a savory corn casserole without jiffy recipe using cornmeal, basil, and ricotta cheese. This is really a delicious savory corn souffle recipe that is made quickly and beats plain corn each and every time. I mean who could not love corn, cheese baked in an awesome casserole dish.
One of the tricks for this delicious corn souffle recipe is sauteing the corn in butter with white onions in a large skillet. This gives it an awesome sauteed buttery flavor and the onions will be soft and translucent. And the other trick is using basil in this savory corn souffle casserole that we are sure you will love.
How to make this Corn Casserole from scratch:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
You will need:
- 2 15.25 oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz cheddar cheese grated (1 cup)
We hope you love this recipe and try it during this holiday season. But it’s also a delicious year-round side dish. Especially when fresh basil is abundant in the garden, we substitute fresh for dried and add a little on top for garnish.
Serve this Corn Souffle Casserole with:
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato Casserole
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Rustic Red Skin Mashed Potatoes
- Cornbread Dressing
Click HERE to save this corn souffle casserole to Pinterest
Corn Souffle Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the corn and onion in the butter until the onion is translucent, remove and let cool
- Meanwhile mix the eggs, half and half in a large mixing bowl
- Blend in the cornmeal and ricotta cheese, add basil and salt and pepper.
- Fold in 2 oz of the grated cheese and the cooled corn mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the additional 1 oz of cheese on top 5 minutes prior to removing from the oven.