Use this corn soufflé recipe for a delicious corn casserole without jiffy. This corn soufflé casserole uses a corn casserole from scratch recipe.
This Corn Soufflé or Corn casserole from scratch is made with canned corn, basil, ricotta, and basil. It is indeed one of our favorite Holiday Recipes. My daughter even brings it a step up and buys fresh corn on the cob, roasts it and adds the fresh corn.
It’s a savory corn casserole without jiffy recipe using cornmeal, basil, and ricotta cheese. This is really a delicious savory corn soufflé recipe that is made quickly and beats plain corn each and every time. I mean who could not love corn, cheese baked in an awesome casserole dish.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
One of the tricks for this delicious corn soufflé recipe is sautéing the corn in butter with white onions in a large skillet. This gives it an awesome sautéed buttery flavor and the onions will be soft and translucent. And the other trick is using basil in this savory corn soufflé casserole that we are sure you will love.
How to make this Corn Casserole from scratch:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
You will need:
- 2 15.25 oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz cheddar cheese grated (1 cup)
Other Corn Recipes
Click HERE to save this corn soufflé casserole recipe to Pinterest
Corn Souffle Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the corn and onion in the butter until the onion is translucent, remove and let cool
- Meanwhile mix the eggs, half and half in a large mixing bowl
- Blend in the cornmeal and ricotta cheese, add basil and salt and pepper.
- Fold in 2 oz of the grated cheese and the cooled corn mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the additional 1 oz of cheese on top 5 minutes prior to removing from the oven.