A Savory Corn Casserole from Scratch Recipe using basil and ricotta cheese. It also can be called a Corn Pudding or a Corn Souffle.
This Corn Casserole or Corn Pudding recipe is made with canned corn, basil, ricotta, and basil. It is indeed one of our favorite Holiday Recipes. My daughter even brings it a step up and buys fresh corn on the cob, roasts it, uses a handy tool to easily remove the delicious kernels.
One of the tricks for this delicious corn souffle is sauteing the corn it in butter with white onions in a large skillet. This gives it an awesome sauteed buttery flavor and the onions will be soft and translucent. And the other trick is using basil and turning a common corn pudding recipe into a savory corn casserole.
We believe you can have too many Casserole Recipes, especially around the holidays. And we do have several some of them are make-ahead recipes.
We hope you love this recipe and try it during this holiday season. But it’s also a delicious year around side dish. Especially when fresh basil is abundant in the garden, we substitute fresh for dried and add a little on top for garnish.
Savory Corn Souffle
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the corn and onion in the butter until the onion is translucent, remove and let cool
- Meanwhile mix the eggs, half and half in a large mixing bowl
- Blend in the cornmeal and ricotta cheese, add basil and salt and pepper.
- Fold in 2 oz of the grated cheese and the cooled corn mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the additional 1 oz of cheese on top 5 minutes prior to removing from oven.
Serve this Corn Caserole with:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.